Leave the technology at home!
As soon as you arrive, you are welcomed in with smothering oak savanna woodland, home to a diverse ecosystem with much to discover. Along the park roads, bike trails, quiet beaches and the gigantic river, families can fish, rent canoes, paddle boards and bicycles offering opportunities to really take in nature. Pinery Provincial Park gives you memories to last a lifetime.
Camping & Campground Amenities
Whether you stay in a tent, trailer, motorhome, or rent a yurt, Pinery will satisfy everyone's camping needs. The park offers 3 campgrounds with 1,000 campsites, of which 400 sites have electrical service. Also available are 12 yurts with electric heat, 110v outlet, bunk-beds, BBQ , picnic table and fire pit. Facilities within Pinery are also impressive: a general store, restaurant, laundromats, showers and washrooms, all wheelchair accessible. Rental shops have everything you need to help you take advantage of their 10km beach and 10 nature trails!
Discover Pinery and everything that surrounds it with their Natural Heritage Education Program. The group education program is filled with an abundance of campground fun for the whole family that will keep you busy all week. Pinery makes things very easy with setting up an activity schedule that offers descriptions of all their interpretive events and includes locations as well as times that will suit your day planning.
Activity Programs Help You Discover The Park:
- Bike Hikes - Enjoy a 1 1/2-2 hour bike ride along the bicycle trail, exploring and learning about park environments. Naturalists will point out things along the way that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Evening Programs - As the night quietly descends on Pinery and the sunsets over Lake Huron, the outdoor theater is the place to go to if you're looking to make your visit more rewarding. A variety of skits, films, talks, and musical performances are presented at the park's Outdoor Theater throughout the summer months.
- Conducted Walks - Park Naturalists lead leisurely, 1 - 2 hour hikes to help you discover Pinery and its special features. Themes may include butterflies, birds or even creepy crawlers, while more general topics explore the need for fire in the Oak Savanna or the struggle of life on a sandy dune.
- Ooze n' Gooze - Join the Naturalist staff every Wednesday afternoon for an hour of aquatic discovery. Get your hands wet as you venture through the marvel of life that thrives in the Old Ausable Channel.
- Explore more of the Natural Heritage Education Program and Group Education programs.
Just Keep Swimming!
Don't worry about sharing a beach with other people; Pinery offers you 9 beaches to choose from. All of the beaches give you the option of bringing your home on wheels with you, whether you plan to stay for the day or drive home right after a nice dip in the water.
Every beach has their own washroom and change room facilities within walking distance. They offer two pet-friendly beaches that allow you to bring your furry friends with you, as long as they're well behaved and you clean up after them.
Plan Your Trip To Pinery Provincial Park
With all the adventures and opportunities that Pinery offers, it's a great place to bring the entire family. For more information on Pinery Provincial Park, or to make a reservation, visit their website:
Share The Adventure
Have a place you would like us to share? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Pictures From The Pinery Provincial Park