Sicard RV is excited to announce that we have joined forces with Ontario Living Wage Network and have become a Living Wage Employer.
A living wage is not the same as minimum wage, which is the legal minimum all employers must pay. The living age sets a higher standard and reflects what a family needs to earn, based on the actual costs of living in the Niagara Region. The decision to participate in this program comes from the benefits it offers for employers, employees and the community.
- Recruit more qualified candidates
- Decreased turnover
- Savings on rehiring and retraining
- Improved productivity
- Decreased absenteeism
- Improved employee morale and quality of service
- Raised out of poverty
- Increased mental and physical health and economic well-being
- Promotes social inclusion
- Increased job satisfactions and employee morale
- Increases access to education, health care, childcare and healthy living
- Better quality of life
- Reduced poverty rates and income inequality
- Reduced wage disadvantages among minorities and women
- Increased spending in local economy
- Increased civic participation
As we continue to grow, we want to provide the best experience not only to our customers but also to our employees. We are very excited to be a part of such a progressive network.